Wednesday, January 25, 2012

24 years young :)

Haven't blogged in a LONG time. This post is way past due. Because of my book, I stopped sharing my thoughts publicly, but per request and much persuasion I'll now be back at it.

Soo.. today is my BIRTHDAY !! 24 years young, holllerrr :) !! This morning I woke up with so much gratitude. I am so thankful for the life I have been given, and I am truly proud of where I am at. Looking back at this day last year, I had no clue that I would be where I am at now. Age 23 will absolutely be marked as my year of personal growth. I can't stress enough how important it is to take life one day at a time, because we really have no control of tomorrow, and we have no idea what our future entails.

In the last year of this journey called life I have experienced so much happiness and heart ache. I met some of the greatest people that changed my whole world. And I lost people that I once thought I could not live without. I experienced the joys of birth and the sorrows of death. I moved to a new state and moved back home. I sat front seat in an airplane and than proceeded to sky dive out of it. I learned that it is possible to love again, and a heartbreak will teach your more about yourself that happiness will ever allow. I saw multiple football stadiums and I handled the upset of the bears falling apart without punching a wall. I gained knowledge on how valuable it is to have a bike, and the fact that having a car is not a necessity. I lived on an organic farm and filleted my own fish. I gave love to people without judgement and I also came to accept that not everyone will love me, and people will judge me. There is an up for every down. There is a journey out there waiting for us, we just to look for it. In every situation there is always something to be learned. At the end of the day I believe that out of all bad comes good if you look for it.

Last year I went on what I would like to call.. a pursuit of happiness. This year I am going to learn to find happiness in the pursuit. I trust in the universe, and more importantly I believe in myself. Do one thing everyday that makes you happy, but also attempt something that scares the hell out of you. Travel, it is in my opinion the best education you will receive. Make new friends, but treasure the old. Let life take you for a ride, look forward to the sun after the storm, and laugh it all off. Life is to short to worry about the could haves. If it should have, it would have. Let go of yesterday, life for today, and hope for the best in tomorrow.

With all my love, on my day of birth. <3 Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment