Tuesday, February 14, 2012

VALENTINES DAY.


First of all, can someone please answer this question for me. Who the {bleep} is the person who thought of love, related cupid, and imagined a flying midget, with curly hair, holding a weapon?? I guess technically today, that is the perfect illustration for the love in my life, but, I certainly hope that its not supposed to be meaning of Valentines Day.

Yes, almost every single female in God's creation will tell you.. "Halmark makes billions off of today, its not a real holiday." That may be true. But what the hell is wrong with creating a holiday that is based upon love? Ok yeah, show your love the other 364 days a year, don't need a day to tell my man I love him.. whatever, get real. We're human and we don't do that. Why can't people just look at the good in their life? Call a relative and ask them how they are. If you want flowers, give flowers. Why, as humans, must we turn a day of love into a day of self pity?

Today I went to 5 different thrift stores, I bought 22 books, 8 ties, acrylic paint, 1 pair of jeans, and  a Rolling Stones record. Why? because all of those things make me happy. I had dinner with my family and now I am sitting in the corner, on my floor writing.. because these are things I LOVE TO DO. Had I waited for someone else to make me feel as fulfilled as I do in the moment, I'd be waiting a life time. Why a life time? Because happiness comes from with in. We are responsible for our own feelings and happiness. We can only change what is on the inside, not whats on the outside.

Come next year, I hope more people in the world take a look in the mirror and truly love themselves. If you don't love yourself, no one else will. Happy Valentines day, you are beautiful.

2 comments: